Thursday, December 31, 2009

A Canadian Christmas

We did things the Canadian way this year & spent the holidays snowboarding our little hearts out at Big White with Andy's family. I heart them!

Seriously Canucks got things all backwards. For some odd reason they think Christmas is like Halloween...picture men dressed as nuns skiing, swamp man & polar bear snowboarders, and most memorable of all a man wearing only a thong held up by suspenders as he plowed down the mountain. Oh and the day after Christmas is called Boxing Day. I thought for sure I'd see people throwing a wicked left hook, maybe some bloody faces, but no there was nothing of the sort. To top it off, we met more Australians than Canadians and found out from an Aussie himself that Canadians "treat them like slaves" working for them all winter. Hmmm...sounds kinda like Az and Cali except for, well never mind! I'll get on with the trip & let the pictures do the talking : )


at this point they were all making fun of me for wanting a picture with a tractor since Lance's family (BIL) owns several much larger in size...only an Az girl would think this was cool!




the girls are learning early about laptop addiction

the boys

I leave you with my favorite Christmas apparel this year...Andy thinks they're disgusting : )

4 comments:

Jen and Joel said...

How fun. The weather looked amazing. I hope that later in the season, Joel and I will get to go to the mountain for a few hours. Thanks again for the special baby blanket!

Jen said...

Awesome!

Ashley said...

There is nothing like bright blue sky and bright white snow...I want to go to there. How fun that you guys got to do that. Looks like a dream.

Jared Westergard said...

So jealous! I want to go so bad I miss snowboarding like crazy!