Sunday, March 16, 2008

VIVA LAS VEGAS!


On Friday Andy & I drove out to Vegas to meet my dad's fiance and her family.  We had a lot of fun, especially since it was our first time in SIN City & we loved every minute!  Friday night we ate at Maggiano's, a delicious family style Italian restaurant.  Afterwards Andy & I walked the strip & watched the fountain show in front of the Bellagio, walked by all the expensive shops because there is really no need to go in when you can't buy, & then toured the M&M headquarters which Andy thought was very lame but I kinda liked it!  Saturday we ate a buffet breakfast...because really who goes to Vegas without eating at a buffet, went to some shark aquarium & went shopping.  Saturday night my dad surprised us all with Cirque de Soleil tickets at the MGM Grand.  It was really cool, I just kept hoping one of the crazy acrobats would fall down so I could see what they would do in an emergency situation...yes a little sick & twisted I know!   I didn't want to see anyone die, just a little blood!  Guess I shoulda gone to the boxing match instead.  Andy likes this show on the Food Network called Diners, Drive Inns, & Dives and he saw an episode featuring Mad Greek Cafe in the butt hole of Baker, CA.  So on our way home we stopped & had a Gyrro and the most amazing strawberry shake I've ever had.  Andy & I were going to split it but after I sat down & drank ours for us Andy ordered him self another delicious flavor PB&banana...so I helped him with that one too & I was very sad when it was all gone.  What can I say, guess the diet starts Monday!

6 comments:

Ali said...

you are so silly. glad you had fun. How was the fiance? do you like her? yum... glad you indulged in a shake (or two!). :)

Ashley said...

You stopped in BAKER???!!! You need to hear the way my husband says that word sometime-with absolute and utter disdain. I'm glad you enjoyed your shake though. PS Looks like you need to do the stupid word verification thing cause you got SPAMMED up above.

AshleyS said...

so glad you had fun. so crazy that i know your dad's fiance. oh, and wes has eaten almost all the cookies. they were so good, thanks! see you tonight at spinning :-)

TJ and Jen Sherwood said...

That looks so fun. I still have never had a real trip to Vegas!! I guess I will have to now!

Krystal Arnett said...

Hey Cuz,
I'm so glad you found me. Now we can stay in touch. I love all your pics and we just went to Vegas in December and I am just itchin to go back; it is the best. You and Andy look great and I love your marathon pic; I totally laughed and made fun of you. I am really jealous you ran one since that is one of my goals. I got to 9 miles and it was taking too much of my time sl I stopped. We should run one together sometime. Anyway, Love ya and miss ya.
Krystal

Livin' Wright said...

Jen, I am so glad you thought of me when you ate Greek FOOD! I am glad you had fun, Can't wait to see you at Michelle's Shower... I put the Ticket request in!