Monday, June 21, 2010

a great legacy

Andy & I went to Az for Father's day weekend to spend it with family. Since my dad's passing I have been working on a scrapbook of his life to give to my sister. I finished it a few weeks ago & have been anxiously awaiting to give it to her on Father's day. It was like Christmas morning I was so excited I couldn't even sleep the night before. Making the books was so emotionally hard at times and many tears were shed, but most of them were happy tears as I was able to look back and remember the special moments and memories that we created.

My dad did so many amazing things here on this earth. He was so giving, and lived such a simple life so he could do more for others. Since his passing many people have come forward and shared with us special things he did for them that we never even knew of because my dad didn't go around bragging about it. He has left our family a great legacy, one that will always be with us, one that we can do our best to model our lives after.

4 comments:

Kaylene Whitten said...

Jen you are an amazing person and have an amazing testimony!! Love you tons!!

Jen said...

What a special thing to have to help remember your Dad.

Breck said...

You look stunning in this picture (and in every picture). I loved seeing you and Andy this weekend. I am glad you had a meaningful day and you made it special with such a poignant gift.

Jared Westergard said...

That is so awesome I bet she loved it! I am glad you had a good time. Love the outfit by the way:)